In order to create a consistent and safe environment that is free of distractions, Imagine Lincoln Public Charter School has instituted a uniform dress code for all students. We believe that a higher standard of dress encourages greater respect for individuals, students and others, and results in a higher standard of behavior. In other words, students who come to school dressed properly will excel academically and conduct themselves appropriately while at school.
This belief is supported by research into the benefits of uniforms, though conventional wisdom suggests that mandatory uniform policies benefit students on specific behavioral issues (attendance and self control) and academic outcomes. Uniform policies also affect school environments and student outcomes by providing a visible and public symbol of commitment to school improvement and reform.
The standard Imagine Lincoln uniform
The standard Imagine Lincoln uniform consists of:
- Girls (Grades K-5): A white Oxford shirt with logo (short- or long-sleeve) to be worn with khaki pants or shorts (no skirts or skorts), and a white short- or long-sleeve Peter Pan blouse worn only with red/white/blue plaid jumper and red/white/blue cross bow-tie.
- Girls (Grades 6th-8th): A white Oxford shirt with logo (short- or long-sleeve) to be worn with khaki pants, shorts or skort (only school-approved skort can be worn and it must have the school logo) and red/white/blue waterfall tie with navy tights or socks.
- Boys Grades (K-8th): A white Oxford shirt with logo (short- or long-sleeve) to be worn with khaki pants or shorts, red/white/blue necktie and optional red cardigan, pullover or vest with school logo.
- All students: Pants are to be worn with a black or brown belt, and with black, white, tan or navy socks. The red cardigan and vests are optional but recommended for the cooler months and must include our school logo.
- New Policy: Uniform shoes can be of any color. Boots that help with traction for safe walking can only be worn during inclement (snow or ice) weather days. Fashionable boots, belts, eye-glasses, etc., are never permitted. Jackets, hoodies, and un-logo sweaters of any sort are not allowed to be worn in the classroom.
NEW – Uniform Vendor Information 2017-2018
All required uniform items — shirts, ties, etc. — must be purchased from our vendor, Flynn O’Hara Uniforms, because they will bear an official Imagine Lincoln logo that is specific to our school. To reach our vendor:
- Flynn O’Hara Uniform: You may order uniforms in store or online – store is located at 8807 Annapolis Road, Lanham MD 20706 – phone (240) 764-4545.
Click here for new link to uniform web page
All parents must understand and agree with the dress code prior to the opening of school. Students are expected to be in their school uniforms on the first day of school. The complete school uniform policy can be found in the Parent Handbook.