Who We Are
Imagine Lincoln Public Charter School (PCS) provides a challenging learning environment for students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
The mission of Imagine Lincoln Public Charter School is to provide students with a world-class learning opportunity by creating a caring learning environment, developing the intellect and morality of our students, and preparing children for lives of leadership in a rapidly changing world.
The vision of Imagine Lincoln Public Charter School is to develop world-class leaders for tomorrow.
What is a Charter School?
A charter school is a public school that has a specific mission. The school is funded through taxpayer dollars and is tuition-free to the students that attend.
According to the Maryland State Department of Education, and in accordance with state law, a Charter School is defined as:
- Nonsectarian and nondiscriminatory in its programs, policies and operations
- A school of choice, open to all students on a space available basis
- A program of elementary or secondary education or both
- Tuition-free for all eligible students
- In compliance with health, safety, state, and local laws
Charter schools must meet the same academic requirements as traditional public schools but are also directly accountable to parents and their authorizer.