Who We Are
Imagine Schools serve 40,000 students nationwide by providing them with a challenging, effective program of academic study and strong moral development in a safe, nurturing environment.
What is a Charter School?A charter school is a public school that has a specific mission. The school is funded through taxpayer dollars and is tuition-free to the students that attend.
According to the Maryland State Department of Education, and in accordance with state law, a Charter School is defined as:
- Nonsectarian and nondiscriminatory in its programs, policies and operations
- A school of choice, open to all students on a space available basis
- A program of elementary or secondary education or both
- Tuition-free for all eligible students
- In compliance with health, safety, state, and local laws
Charter schools must meet the same academic requirements as traditional public schools but are also directly accountable to parents and their authorizer.